I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. I like to keep things consistent thus you get another wonderful blog post from me. Since this is a holiday and a lazy day for you hopefully, you should have some time to read this quick post.
I wrote a post a long time ago about the most fit celebrities (basically actors and actresses) out there. I’m always analyzing how people are running. When I’m at my kids’ soccer games, I look at the other athletes out there. How they move? What isn’t firing right?
I do that with sports, especially baseball players running from home to first. Albert Pujols still runs on his heels to this day. Others have just shoddy running form, but they obviously have some athletic ability because they are playing in the pros.
Recently I was looking at some celebrities running in movies I’ve been watching or TV shows. You can kind of tell who the truly athletic celebrities are and who, if called on to do an athletic scene, might just call in a stunt double.
Here is my list of celebrities who look good running and some who look really, really bad.
- The kids had on High School Musical 2 (no, I don’t watch those movies…anymore) and Zac Efron had a scene where he was singing, but then had to sprint around. Zac isn’t a bad basketball player so you knew he was somewhat athletic and when he ran, his form looked pretty good. His leg stride was decent and he had a nice turnover rate.
- Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Jerry has to race a high school rival? Jerry Seinfeld may like Superman, but he certainly can’t run like him. He had very little posterior action and the stride was real short. I’m glad he stuck to the comedy.
- Chris Evans was a good choice for Captain America. Not only can he put on muscle to look like a super hero, but his running form is very athletic as well. Which is good. I don’t want to see my Captain America running like a toddler learning to walk.
- The second set of Star Wars movies starred Natalie Portman. She may be smart, she may be cute, and she may be a great actress, but she sure can’t run for poop. In the second installment, there is a scene where she is running and it is awful. I would have a heck of a time trying to make her look “runnable”.
- I finished watching the second season of True Detective, which starred Rachel McAdams. She is an actress who if I was single, I might go on a first date with her (yes Rachel I would allow that). She has a scene where she is chasing a criminal and she runs real well. I like my cops (which is what she played) to be able to look like they can run very well so they can track those criminals down and able to beat the snot out of them. Wow! Rachel McAdams looks good and is pretty athletic to boot.
- But speaking of playing cops on film, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the ultimate awful runner. The stud actor who had a running scene in his first major movie where he looked like a teenage girl running around like she won the lottery. I am talking about Steven Seagal. If you aren’t old enough to know who he is, don’t bother looking him up. If your curiosity is killing you though, look up his running scene in Above the Law. He is in a tank top and it is more than half way through the movie. For being such a bada$$ with his aikido, he negates all his street cred when he starts running.
There you have it. Some light reading for your Labor Day enjoyment. If you noticed some other celebrities who run real well or run like dog doo doo, feel free to post them in the comments box below. I’d love to see who you come up with.
Photo courtesy of MarvelousRoland on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tales2astonish/